Saturday, March 31, 2012

I need to get back to honoring my path.  I have lax about it for so very long; I do not know if it is the loss of coven, the busy-ness of life, or just an apathy that has overwhelmed me.  I live in this wonderful area with acres to spare and a ready-made clearing in the woods, yet I have done nothing formal for over 2 years.  The basic everyday thing, yes…a planned out ritual, no.  I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have no place to display my altar and we cannot burn incense in the house, but that is not a good reason to forgo getting out and doing something. 

I need a place to go that is used for that purpose and that purpose only. it may be a holdover from my southern Baptist youth, but the symbolism is important to me.  The act of preparing and standing in front of the altar is very meaningful to me.  I think that I will do some researching and write a ritual re-dedicating myself to the path I have chosen.  I need to push myself to do this.  


1 comment:

  1. I think that our true path should come to us naturally, and that we should not have to make ourselves follow it. Of course everybody needs a little push every now and again...

    ReplyDelete