Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What has happened to our country?



For those who have landed here from my FaceBook status post, thank you.  I hope you stick around and check out my archives to see if there is anything else there you might enjoy.  Now for the earful I mentioned:

As everyone knows, yesterday was the 11th anniversary of the day terrorism stood up and proudly proclaimed the United states for its bitch.  While our nation did an admirable job of picking itself up by the bootstraps and fighting back, we have since become a lackey to every Tom, Dick, and extremist out there.  I will not revisit my views on the war, I have made those clear elsewhere here on my blogs. 

My rant today centers on the fact that the U.S. has become one big pussy.  We cater to illegal immigrants (notice I said ILLEGAL, not the ones who are actually trying to better themselves), we bow to foreign kings, and we hold our hands in our crotch when the pledge of allegiance is recited.  Our leader is the person others look to when judging the character of the citizenship and I am here to tell you, the impression sucks big green ones.

I do not condone the threat of widespread nuclear war, but I wonder when the balls of the same country that dropped two bombs on Japan fell off.  In August, 1945 (The Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, n.d.) the United States got tired of the shit going on after being attacked at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 (Pearl Harbor,  n.d.) and told the world to fuck off.  We dropped two huge atomic bombs and that was all she wrote for Japan in World War II. 

Where is that decisiveness now?  It is my opinion that when we were grabbed by the scruff of the neck and shaken around like a dog on September 11, 2001 we should have gone in, kicked ass, and taken names.  What is that you say?  What about all the innocent people that would have gotten killed?

Who has given a shit about all the soldiers killed in the war since?  These are the men and women of OUR nation and there was little thought on the part of The Powers That Be (TPTB) for their lives.  I say go in with guns blazing and let Allah sort it out at his leisure.  I know that this may not be a popular sentiment, but look at what that day has lead us to…toddlers being molested at the airport in the name of national security, not being able to take a fucking unopened bottle of store-bought water onto an airplane, our President trying to destroy the foundations of this great nation one layer at a time.

In this election year, I do not like either one of the big party candidates, but then those who know me personally are not surprised by this.  After doing a little research, I have found the one candidate with whom I mostly agree and that is the one I will be voting for come November election time.  If you are interested, his name is Gary Johnson and he is the Libertarian party candidate.  You can check out his website at Gary Johnson for President. 

I think we should go back to a system where all parties are heard equally, not just the ones who can beg for the most money and squawk the loudest about the bad things the other one has done.  That is the way our wonderful land started out and we should have stuck by it all this time.

Now, I know that there are those out there who may not feel the same as I do (matter of fact, that happens to me all the time) but if you read this and it makes you think, then I feel I have done my job as a citizen and shaken things up a bit.  If you feel the need to pipe in with your thoughts go ahead, but know that I will not tolerate attacking me for my opinion. 




3 comments:

  1. While at it, why not just bomb everyone? I am sure they are all guilty of something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for standing up and stating your opinion. I thought your comment about the United States being picked up by the scruff and shaken like a dog was interesting. September 11th showed us that while we looked to the sky for the threat of nuclear annihilation, threats of a more simplistic nature were largely ignored. Do I think that the United States is weaker? I think that we finally woke up and realized that we are just as fragile as any other country.

    Certain issues such as illegal immigration have no real answer without looking at one's own morals. While I agree that giving them driver's licenses and welfare are not right, we do not have the money to deport all of the illegal immigrants or keep them locked up. I have to be honest, a wall will not work because for every 10ft wall, there is an 11ft ladder. I do not suggest shooting them because we are not barbarians. The question is what do we do?

    I would never attack you for having an opinion, but I must ask as to where this system where everyone is heard equally is in our history? Our political system has always been one of privelege where the richest candidates vie for power. I would refer you to the founding fathers, the political machines of the 1800s, and the rise of political parties. It is only at the end of their presidencies that some Presidents have spoke out of such evils. Two examples would be George Washington's warning of political parties and Dwight D. Eisenhower's warning of the military industrial complex.

    In my opinion, the reason our country is going in the wrong direction is due to the fault of us, the citizens. If a citizen educates themselves on the political and historical systems then they are better informed and it makes it less easier to influence and corrupt such citizens. You try to be informed, I try to be informed, but the average citizen does not, nor cares to be unless it directly affects them. We say we cannot stand a negative campaign, but in truth, we love it. We crave controversy while carrying a Bible (metaphorically speaking) in one hand and a flag in the other.

    In closing, I applaud you for standing up for your beliefs and standing on your soapbox, because very few people do. We may disagree on certain things, but would never attack each other for believing something different. Stand on your Soapbox and be heard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments. I know that my opinions are not popular with most, but if reading this has caused you to think about your own feelings on these subjects,I count the deed good. Our nation was founded on many concepts, but I find the ability to have a voice of my own to be a great gift. I only wish that more people would use that gift and stand up to be heard.

    ReplyDelete