Thursday, September 8, 2011

From Pagan Blog Prompts-Teaching the children

It's funny that this week's prompt is about teaching the children.  I have three older kids (26, 24, and 20 years old) and then I have the two littles (2 and 4 years old).  I have recently been thinking about how to start teaching the littles about what it is I believe.  I have found quite a few books on Amazon™ for teaching youngsters.  

Our bedtime story books have included ones on Greek myths and gods/goddesses.  The music we listen to in the truck ranges from chants to drumming and other things in between. They already know simple things such as recycling and taking care of nature.  My 4 year old loves the sound and sight of a stream.  But, I have been searching for ways to introduce performing rituals and workings to them. 

One of the most recommended there is :




Another one is :


 

I also have Ashleen O'Gaea's books "Raising Witches" and "Family Wicca".  I'm hoping that between these I can start to open the wonders of nature reverence and the love of the goddess to my littles.

Of course, I am always open to suggestions as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment